Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Dreaming & Ecstacy – Praising Life in the Modern World (6 Week Online Course) – SOLD OUT
2020-08-19 19:00 to 2020-09-23 22:00
August 19, 2020
A Six Week Online Course. It will have its foundations in Shamanism, but also will be about looking at ourselves as essential parts of a spiritual ecosystem. The idea around forming the course was to look at the spiritual, psychological, mythical and more practical aspects of life and marry them together to form something binding – a cosmology of sorts – that can be used to make sense of and anchor to when we look at healing. What healthy living comes down to, I think, is praise. Praising our lives, praising the earth, praising the invisible and bringing our lives into balance by doing so.
The six modules, which are each 3 hours long:
- Traditional and Indigenous viewpoints, cosmologies and concepts around healing. Who they, and perhaps we, are in context to the world around us. Looking at ancient concepts in relation to our own modern lives. Where the roots of old faith still have hold.
- Where we stand as a community and what that means in context to Western society. This will include an in-depth look at initiation, why it is so important and how we can see imitation of initiation in our own lives. Unconscious ceremonies and sub-cultures.
- Healing on small scale and also as a collective. Looking at “the bigger picture” of healing. Healing is, in my eyes, bound to purpose – we will explore the gift of healing, but also the responsibility that comes with it.
- Ancestral trauma and its gifts and curses. Family as an organism and carrying the family curse. Love and the scapegoat. Praise and grief.
- Offerings – currency of the earth and how these form a symbiotic relationship between visible and invisible. Faith and the rational mind. Power of prayer – singing to the elements.
- The Wheel of life. Becoming the rising sun. New beginnings and the journey to get there. Mythical implications of our personal lives in relation to existence. Tuning our ear to the language of our soul and praising life going forwards.
Each week will have a ceremony around these threads of life. It’s going to be a pretty deep dive and because there is a lot to cover you will get homework each week too.